Indulge your passion for comics and attend the biggest and best genre convention: Comic-Con International in San Diego. The event starts with a preview night on July 19 and has jam-packed days through July 23. Take time to look at the con calendar to plan your own schedule of highlights. Here's just some of what you can see and do:
• Hear from genre celebrities. Special guests include artists Joyce Chin, writer R.L. Stine, cartoonist Jeff Smith, and simply legendary Stan Lee. You'll have the chance to hear the big names speak on panels and to collect their autographs.
• Enjoy great art in all media and have your own portfolio of work reviewed.
• Shop for collectibles. Then decide whether you can resist the temptation to take it out of the box!
• Show off your comic-inspired fashion flair in the masquerade.
• Settle in and watch your favorite films, plus ones new to you. There's are special tracks for kids, anime, and international films.
• Play your favorite comics-inspired games.
• Discover new-to-you talent publishing in the small press.
• Mingle with your peers. Everyone at the convention shares your passion for fandom. Take time to enjoy being with them! There'll be fan tables so you can connect with other fan organizations.
There's a lot going on at Comic Con 2017, but there's lots of other great stuff to see in San Diego, too, including Balboa Park, the Gaslamp District, the Embarcadero, and more. Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel puts you in easy reach of all the action while offering a quiet location. You can enjoy strolling our waterfront paths or lounging by the pool when you want a break. Add an extra day to your stay so you can unwind from Comic Con and enjoy our beautiful city!