Halloween 2017 in San Diego is filled with frightening fun for everyone. Here's where to mingle with creatures that go bump in the night.
• Trick-or-treat among the sea creatures at SeaWorld's weekend Halloween Spooktacular. The park's shows take on holiday themes, and there are special Halloween dance parties, too.
• It's a Brick-or-Treat Party at Legoland every Saturday night in October. There are plenty of treats, entertainment, a dance party, characters to meet, and hands-on activities.
• Ghould and goblins aren't afraid to show themselves during daylight at the BOO! Parade. They'll proudly ride floats down the boulevard. The parade also features vintage cars, bands, and more.
• Take a haunted train ride on the Pumpkin Express weekends throughout the month. You'll ride through some of San Diego's most scenic countryside.
• The Birch Aquarium is a Haunted Aquarium on 10/20 - 21, with sea monsters, slime, and spooky encounters with the mysterious denizens of the deep.
• Head to the Maritime Museum to hear Haunted Tales on the Star of India 10/21 & 10/28. Tour the ship by lantern and hear ghostly stories of life and death aboard ship.
• You won't want to linger at the Haunted Hotel. Considered one of the best haunted houses in the country, every room comes with terror included.
• Roam beneath beautiful palm trees during daylight, then return after dark to explore the Haunted Trail of Balboa Park. Keep your wits about you; you'll need to escape through a maze of frights.
• Party with creatures of the night at the Zombie Crawl in the Gaslamp Quarter 10/27 & 10/28. You'll get entry to 25 clubs and parties.
• It's another party at the Monster Bash 10/28. Multiple themed stages mean you can find just the right kind of fright.
After your day or night of terror, retreat to Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina. None of the monsters will follow you back to our peaceful resort setting on Shelter Island. Click here to make your reservation for a frightfully fun stay at Halloween or any time.