If dining on the best meals in town is one of your travel motivators, come to San Diego between 11/14-11/20 to enjoy the San Diego Bay Wine + Food Festival. The event showcases the best meals in town, with classes, tastings, meet-the-chef events, and other great ways to enjoy great flavors. Here are just a few of the week's highlights:
• Golf Invitational. The top finisher will drive home in a brand new Lexus, but really, who cares what par is when you don't have to wait for the 19th hole for food and wine tastings?
• Mercy of the Chef dinner series. Leave the dining decisions to the creativity of some of San Diego's best chefs.
• Fish Taco TKO. Help find the best fish taco in San Diego. Tequila tastings help cleanse your palate between tastings.
• Tastings of whiskey, wine, and other spirits from around the world.
• Hands-on classes teaching skills you'll take home in time to upgrade your holiday menus. Other classes introduce the best from unfamiliar cuisines around the world.
• Lexus Grand Tasting. With more than 700 wines, 60 chefs, and 30 gourmet food companies, you'll need to preplan a tasting strategy and pace yourself to make sure you enjoy every bite.
Best Western Plus Island Palms is a great place to stay when you attend the Wine + Food Festival. We're near all the venues, and if you're still hungry when you get back to the hotel, the Blue Wave Bar & Grill has some great tastes of its own to serve up. Take a break from all the food and stroll along our bayside paths, rent a bike, or play a game of tennis. There's plenty to do in San Diego, so stay a little longer after the food festival ends and discover everything else San Diego has to offer besides great food.