Bring your family to San Diego Thanksgiving 2016 and you'll have a fantastic family vacation you'll want to make a family tradition.
• Start your holiday week early. The Mother Goose Parade, held the Sunday before Thanksgiving, is a San Diego tradition. The event kicks off the holiday season with bands, clowns, equestrians, and floats.
• Spend the next few days enjoying San Diego. There are special holiday events at SeaWorld and Legoland, and all of San Diego's attractions, like the Gaslamp Quarter and Old Town are there to explore.
• Start Thanksgiving Day with a turkey trot to burn off calories in advance of your big turkey dinner. The Run for the Hungry takes you through the Gaslamp for 5 or 10K. Or head to Coronado for a family-friendly 5K turkey trot open to all ages. If you've still got energy after the run, Coronado's also the place to go for ice skating by the sea.
• Sit down to a scenic Thanksgiving dinner. Join us at the Blue Wave for a traditional Thanksgiving feast. Feel like doing something uniquely San Diego? Hornblower's Thanksgiving buffet cruise offers all the trimmings, plus a side-order of beautiful San Diego Harbor views.
• Don't miss Black Friday shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Our malls will be filled with bargains. There'll be more bargains throughout the weekend. Head to Seaport Village on Saturday to see the arrival of Surfin' Santa.
Best Western Plus Island Palms is located on quiet Shelter Island. You'll have easy access to all the holiday events, but be able to retreat to a quiet resort after the day's activities. With our resort's amenities, you won't have to leave the property to have family fun and create holiday memories.