Celebrate Valentine's Day in San Diego. Our sunshine and coastline are beautiful every day, but on Valentine's Day, they work a little bit harder to help you honor your love for each other.
Base yourself at Best Western Plus Island Palms hotel. Our Simple Pleasures package lets you settle into a water view room and includes champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and breakfast in bed. When you do venture out of your room, you'll be near all the best San Diego attractions, making it easy to head out to explore the town or enjoy one of these romantic things to do in San Diego to mark the holiday:
• A romantic run. The Coronado 10K/5K/1 mile run takes place on February 12. You'll run through Coronado, enjoy a beer garden and after-party, and proudly wear a runner's bib that declares your status as "Taken."
• Romantic dinner at the zoo. Spend your afternoon roaming among the wild animal residents at the San Diego Zoo, then head to the zoo restaurant for a 3-course dinner.
• Stroll along the shoreline. San Diego's beautiful beaches are perfect for strolling along the water's edge. Pick a beach to suit your personality. Spend the whole day and feel the sunset glow kindle your own romantic glow.
• An elegant jazz evening. Enjoy a jazz concert, champagne, and hors d'oeuvres and desserts at the Abbey, a Spanish Colonial Revival landmark. Set down your drinks to enjoy dancing.
• An outdoor movie. Settle down on the lawn to see Bonnie & Clyde on an outdoor screen.
With so many romantic things to do in San Diego, you're sure to enjoy your stay, on Valentine's Day or throughout the rest of the year.