St. Patrick’s Day in San Diego
San Diego is an ocean and continent away from Ireland, but we still celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in a big way. You’ll find fun St. Patrick’s Day events in San Diego on St. Patrick’s Day March 17, 2017 and throughout the month of March. Here are some of your St. Pat’s options:
• The streets around Balboa Park are the setting for the St. Patrick’s Day Parade on March 11. Inside the park is the Irish Festival, with Irish entertainment, Irish dancing, Irish food, Celtic village, and a beer garden.
• The streets of the Gaslamp District turn as green as the hills of Ireland when they’re covered with Astroturf for the 23rd annual Shamrock in the Gaslamp March 17. There are 3 stages of music, Irish whisky, and green beer.
• Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day. Your ticket to the Irish 4 a Day fest in the Gaslamp gets you two days of being Irish and entry to 25 parties on March 17 and March 18. The event runs 10 hours each day, giving you plenty of time to find your favorite club.
• Another 2-day event running March 17 & March 18 in the Gaslamp is the St. Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl. Buy a ticket for one or both days and 12 hours of access each day to clubs and drink specials.
• Mark the holiday in a healthy way at the San Diego St. Patrick’s Half Marathon on March 5. Races include the half marathon, a 5K Walk/Run, the Green Mile Fun Run, and the Tribes & Clans competition. Rehydrate after the race at the EC Craft Beer Invitational.
After your day or days of St. Patrick’s Day fun, return to the Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel. Our Shelter Island location provides a respite from the partying when you need it while being close to the action when you’re ready to go.