"Your Safety First!"
Health & Safety Guidelines To Expect During Your Visit
*Updated As Of June 7, 2021
Best Western PLUS Island Palms Hotel & Marina is open and ready to welcome you in compliance with the latest California and San Diego County Guidelines. As travel resumes, our dedication to providing a safe and comfortable experience for our guests remains of the utmost importance. Please continue reading to learn about our onsite health & safety guidelines, and what you can expect while you "relax and enjoy" your next visit to our San Diego hotel!
*Effective June 15, 2021, California will lift requirements for distancing, capacity and face masks. Unvaccinated individuals are encouraged to continue wearing a face mask until they are vaccinated.
Your Safety And Wellbeing Is Our Top Priority
“Your Safety First!” was developed in June 2020, in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic as part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring the health and well-being of all our guests, colleagues and the communities we work and live in. Listed below is a summary of our plans, procedures and protocols that outline exactly how we intend to keep our colleagues, guests, and communities safe, outlined by department.
Property In General
We have augmented our health and sanitation protocols across the properties for everyone's safety and peace of mind.
- Employees, guests and visitors are required to wear face coverings while inside any buildings and while within six feet of anyone else.
- Guests are provided with face coverings as needed.
- Throughout the hotel, social distancing signage and floor decals remind everyone to observe the six foot rule.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to, front desk check-in counters, bell desks, lobby tables and chairs, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, escalator and stair handrails, dining surfaces and seating areas
- All cleaning agents and disinfectant products are EPA-approved and are of the highest efficacy available in the market, including electrostatic sprayers, which are used in all indoor spaces.
- The number of guests permitted in elevators will vary based on the size of the elevator, with the smallest elevators limited to only family groups.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout the property.
- All indoor and outdoor seating in public areas, pools, and restaurants (when allowed to be opened) will be arranged to accommodate social distancing between each family group.
- Floor markings show proper social distancing positions in all high traffic areas.
- In public restrooms, the faucets, soap dispensers, and toilets are hands-free. Paper towels are available to dry hands.
- All public spaces will be disinfected with electrostatic sprayers weekly.
We have increased the cleaning and sanitizing schedule of all front desk and lobby areas, with an emphasis on frequently contacted surfaces, and updated procedures for interactions between guests and host staff.
- The Guest Services Agents at the front desk have plexi-glass partitions separating the agent from the guest.
- Registration is paperless.
- Key cards are sanitized before and after each use.
- Guest check-out is express and paperless; all folios are emailed with a paper copy only upon request
Updated Housekeeping Policies
Our housekeeping policies have been modified to support the health and safety of our guests and team members. Housekeeping services will be limited to essential guest needs only
- No housekeeping or turndown service will be provided during your stay unless upon special request.
- Towels, fresh linens, and other amenities are available upon request and will be left outside the guest room or available at the front desk in a clean laundry bag.
- Guestroom sanitation seal indicates that the room is clean and has been sanitized and un-entered since cleaning.
- No housekeeper nor maintenance personnel will enter the guestroom while the guest is present.
- In the case of a positive or presumptive positive case of a guest having Covid-19, the guest’s room will be removed from service, quarantined, and double-locked. The room will only be returned to service after undergoing an enhanced sanitization protocol performed by a licensed third-party service.
Restaurants, Bars and In-Room Dining
We offer dining on property with great service, high quality and delicious food, and refreshing beverages, served in a comfortable and beautiful atmosphere.
- We offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner available for outdoor dining, limited capacity indoor dining, or take-out.
- With a direct bill to your guestroom, the transaction is contactless.
- You may pick up snacks and other convenience items at the carryout counter in addition to food.
Employee Protocols & Administrative Areas
Safety starts behind the scenes. We’re taking extra steps in our administrative areas to ensure our team members’ safety and help them carry best practices forward to you. We have implemented these important steps:
- All employees must undergo temperature and symptom checks prior to starting each shift, wash their hands every 60 minutes for 20 seconds, wear face masks and gloves, be trained on Covid-19 protocols, and monitor and enforce social distancing at all times.
- Employee arrival, departure, break and meal times are staggered to minimize traffic volume in back of house corridors and service elevators.
- Employees do not report to work if they are feeling ill.
- Employees are required to report to management if they believe they have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or if they observe others who may be displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
I want to thank you again for your support during this challenging time, and we look forward to serving you and your family on your next visit to the Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina.